The J.S. Miller Group is a full-service accounting and business advisory firm serving businesses, business-owners, and non-profit organizations.
Our concentration and greatest expertise are in the fields of business advisory, outsourced accounting, and tax services. We are also certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors, providing a wide range of QuickBooks support from installation to training and system optimization.
- We invest a good deal of time to understand the particular situation and long-term goals of each of our clients. This deep knowledge helps us craft services most helpful to you and most supportive of your aspirations.
- We adopt our services to your working style. For many of our clients, we become an integral and seamless part of their operations. We perform our services in a way that you can rely on us as you would your own staff.
- We are committed to values in line with being trusted with your most valuable and confidential information. Not just by professional standards but also by personal integrity, we embrace honesty and a fiduciary responsibility.
With every client and every engagement, we strive to demonstrate that We’ll account for your success!
If that sounds like the kind of accounting firm you’d like supporting you and your organization, please call us today. We’re eager to show you how we can help.
Meet the FounderI started my career with a Big Four public accounting firm, working with entrepreneurial and non-profit-based organizations, and it was during these years that I realized that while I loved the work, my true life goal was to follow my family’s tradition of owning and operating my own business. After fulfilling this goal in 2012, I vowed to build an accounting practice based on the premise that I’d treat clients just as I do my friends and family. I pride myself as a hard-worker who learned that trait through my upbringing and working in my family furniture stores through my teenage years.
My family and I now live on Capitol Hill, where I enjoy the city’s vibe and am excited to see how small businesses continue to reshape the landscape. We’re dedicated to Washington D.C. and have chosen to raise our family here. No matter where you’re located, we consider you a part of our community and understand that your life goals become ours.
Prior to starting the J.S. Miller Group, I:
- Was an Auditor with Ernst & Young and KPMG.
- Worked as in-house CPA for Marriott International’s Internal Audit and SEC Reporting Group.
- Held the position of CFO at Universal Air Travel Plan, a global financial services firm, responsible for all financial and risk management.
- Earned an MBA from The George Washington University.
Then in December 2012, I started the J.S. Miller Group.
Meet the Firm
Jason’s character and integrity are everywhere present in the firm and set the expectations for all of our employees. Above all, we are:
My parents owned a number of retail furniture stores, known for treating every customer as family. I saw how that attitude made their work enjoyable and created life-long relationships with customers. Today, that same spirit infuses the J.S. Miller Group, as you’ll experience working with us.
Nothing is more satisfying than finding creative ways to help our clients overcome challenges – from saving money through streamlined processes, cash management, or developing new systems to provide more accurate financial information.
We’re flexible and do many things well. This allows us to be your one-stop-shop for all things financial, from monthly bookkeeping, budgeting, outsourced accounting department, to providing CFO-level advice.